Pre-feasibility study to identify innovative financing approaches for sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
The objective of the study was to develop novel approaches for a reoriented and enlarged regional sexual and reproductive health programme financed through German financial cooperation. The reoriented programme will focus on innovative results-based financing approaches for sexual and reproductive health services, and in particular HIV/AIDS, to contribute to the strengthening of overall health care systems.
Options conducted the pre-feasibility study and presented a set of outline proposals and entry points for innovative financing approaches to increase access to and use of sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS services and products in Central America.
The proposals focused on regional approaches and presented a range of options for different overall financing levels. The proposals included:
- Gaps and challenges in service provision and use which could be addressed through financial cooperation innovative financing approaches in a cost-effective manner
- Innovative financing methods with potential application in Central America to address these challenges
- Potential programme partners at regional and national levels
- Outline of proposals for potential entry points for German financial cooperation
- Overall level of resources and time frame for the different options
- Outline terms of reference for the feasibility study.