This accessibility statement applies to www.options.co.uk
This website is run by Options Consultancy Services Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Design and Build
The website was designed and built with accessibility as a key consideration and:
- Follows W3C accessibility guidelines and follows the four main principles (POUR) as closely as possible.
- Aims to meet the WCAG 2.1 AA standards for all aspects of the design and technical build.
- We have assessed 3rd party modules and plugins taking their accessibility into consideration.
- Tested the website using Google’s Lighthouse accessibility checker acknowledging this is a binary machine process checking against a spectrum of human needs).
How accessible this website is
- All pages on this site include a consistent set of global navigation menu.
- All pages on this site include a search box.
- Please use our Sitemap to locate a specific page.
- The first focusable element allows keyboard users to skip the header/menu and shift their focus directly to the content.
This site and all its archives use cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- Major browsers have a text resizing feature (“View” menu, “Text Size”).
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
Accessibility software and services
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Parts of the website that are not accessible:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
PDFs and other documents
The website includes links to download PDFs which give further information about our work. Some of these may not be accessible.
As of September 2023, we will ensure any PDFs uploaded onto the website meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
If videos are hosted on YouTube, Youtube does have the ability for auto-captions.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print or easy read, please email email@example.com
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org,uk. Your email will be passed onto the Communications team.