Kimani is a public health specialist with vast expertise and experience in providing technical and managerial leadership to diverse programmes in several low and middle income countries, mostly in Africa. His technical areas of focus include:
- Supporting improvement in the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition services.
- Enhancing health systems governance and accountability, including in the context of health sector devolution.
- Supporting health policy work, including strengthening evidence-based planning and budgeting and public finance management.
- Strengthening social accountability and citizen voice and participation
- New business development and partnership building
- Monitoring and evaluation and organisational learning