Will you be at the 20th General Membership Meeting of the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (16-20 October 2023)? We’ll be participating in two concurrent sessions on funding and strategy insights that revolutionise reproductive health supply chains, and on accountability and advocacy strategies for reproductive health supply security.
Revolutionising reproductive health supply chains: Funding and strategy insights
Date and time: Day 1 – Thursday (19 October) 15:00 – 15:45
- Jeremiah Mukula – Deputy Regional Lead (Tanzania), Options Consultancy Services
- Maggie Murphy – Technical Manager, John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
- Rafia Rauf – National Coordinator, White Ribbon Alliance
This session will present global evidence on the barriers, bottlenecks, enablers and solutions to the functional availability of maternal, newborn and child health products, and dig deeper into more nuanced insights from exploratory studies in Kenya, Nigeria and Pakistan. These insights will include a focus on product regulation and registration, the existence and lack of market shaping mechanisms, the role of innovation, quality, and domestic financing and the role of public-private partnership.
Accountability and advocacy strategies for reproductive health supply security
Time: Day 1 – Thursday (19 October) 15:00 – 15:45
Location: Salifyanji Kaoma
- Stephen Yambi – County and MPDSR Advisor (Kenya), Options Consultancy Services
- Jackie Katana – Founder and Executive Director, Faith For Family Health Initiative-3FHiFaith
- Natasha Salifyanji Kaoma – Chief Executive Officer, Copper Rose Zambia
- Chanda Mwamba – Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Specialist, Copper Rose Zambia
This session will showcase practical and actionable accountability mechanisms that have been used to bolster inclusive dialogue, to strengthen the capabilities of local civil society organisations and to enable advocacy for supply security while effectively responding to local reproductive health needs.
If you are participating in the conference and would like to get in touch with or meet one of our team members, please reach out:
- James Harcourt, Managing Director (United Kingdom)
- Alexandra Todd, US Director (USA)
- Jeremiah Makula, Deputy Team Leader (Tanzania)
- Stephen Yambi, County and MPSDR Advisor (Kenya)
- Geoffrey Okumu, Principal Consultant (Kenya)
- Joy Uzoho, Senior Consultant (Nigeria)