Monitoring & Evaluation expert for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya
In the framework of the German Financial Cooperation with Kenya, a programme to support health insurance for poorer informal sector households was developed. The programme intends to contribute to improved access to equitable and affordable quality health services for low income informal sector households in selected counties.
The objective of the programme is to contribute to establishing equitable access to affordable, quality health care and strengthening the National Health Insurance System through improved access to health insurance for the informal sector.
The target group are households with informal employment, low, irregular incomes and without health insurance cover in the target counties.
The programme will be implemented in up to 10 counties, which will be selected on the basis of an open call for proposals. The process of the county selection is implemented by a Tender Committee comprising of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and the Ministry of Health (MoH), supported by the consultant to be selected. The consultant will specifically support the MoH in organising the submission of the call for proposals to the counties and the evaluation of results.
The M&E expert’s role will comprise two aspects:
- Determine the key Project performance indicators (KPIs), including implementation performance
- Develop the tools for baseline survey & Conduct the baseline survey, assessing key indicators in the project conceptual framework
- Make presentations of the findings to the Steering Committee for informed decision making.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop the Project M&E framework together with MOH & NHIF.
- Capacity needs assessment for NHIF Project M&E systems
- Strengthen NHIF’s Project M&E systems
- Project stakeholders engagement from MOH, Counties, NHIF & KFW in M&E
- Graduate degree in Project Management
- Proven expertise in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation methodology
The experts must have the following competences:
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Bérangère de Villenaut firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should state the role (Monitoring & Evaluation expert for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya) in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 22/08/2017
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed before the close date
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 28/08/2017
- The TOR for the programme is available on request
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Kenyan citizens are particularly encouraged to apply.
This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up.