Clinical specialist for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya
In the framework of the German Financial Cooperation with Kenya, a programme to support health insurance for poorer informal sector households was developed. The programme intends to contribute to improved access to equitable and affordable quality health services for low income informal sector households in selected counties.
The objective of the programme is to contribute to establishing equitable access to affordable, quality health care and strengthening the National Health Insurance System through improved access to health insurance for the informal sector.
The target group are households with informal employment, low, irregular incomes and without health insurance cover in the target counties.
The programme will be implemented in up to 10 counties, which will be selected on the basis of an open call for proposals. The process of the county selection is implemented by a Tender Committee comprising of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and the Ministry of Health (MoH), supported by the consultant to be selected. The consultant will specifically support the MoH in organising the submission of the call for proposals to the counties and the evaluation of results.
The clinical specialist’s role will comprise the following tasks:
- Contribute to the design of the micro-insurance product, particularly in relation to the benefit package
- Support other specialist such as the actuary and costing expert by providing ICD 10 coding expertise
- Contribute to the cost analysis of the Kenya Essential Package of Health (KEPH) by working with the expert committee to define the services that comprise the KEPH by levels of care.
- Contribute to the selection criteria for participating regions
- Contribute to the development of clinical indicators for M&E
Qualification: A Degree in medical field with additional qualifications in health information systems or Health Records Management.
The experts must have the following experience and competences:
- Substantial experience in International Classification of Diseases 10 Coding and Grouping of Diseases
- Experiences with design and administration of medical insurance products and plans
- Demonstrate understanding of the Kenya health service delivery system
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Good writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Bérangère de Villenaut email@example.com Candidates should state the role (Clinical specialist for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya) in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 22/08/2017
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed before the close date
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 28/08/2017
- The TOR for the programme is available on request
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Kenyan citizens are particularly encouraged to apply
This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up.