Esther Agbon is the country lead for Evidence for Action-MamaYe, project in Nigeria.
She provides strategic leadership and direction to guide effective implementation, and efficient coordination of activities in Nigeria. Esther is a results-driven interdisciplinary specialist and women’s health advocate with expertise in:
- Programme administration and management
- Public finance management
- Health financing and accountability
- Organisational capacity building and organisational strengthening for CSOs
- Strengthening health systems through an integrated RMNCAH approach.
Esther has demonstrated ability building resilient multi-stakeholder (private sector, government and civil society) coalitions and public sector collaborations across states in Nigeria. Many of these advocacy coalitions have influenced policies and public funding for improved maternal and newborn outcomes in Nigeria.