Ghana Somubi Dwumadie Grants Round Two: Call for proposals
Call for Proposals: Evidence and Effectiveness Grants for Mental Health and Disability Inclusion
*Please note this grants round has now closed and is no longer accepting applications.*
Ghana Somubi Dwumadie (Ghana Participation Programme) is excited to announce its second Call for Proposals. Ghana Somubi Dwumadie is a four-year disability programme in Ghana, with a specific focus on mental health. This programme is funded with UK aid from the UK government.
The overarching objective of this grants round is to ensure that people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities, are in the lead on approaches to improve their wellbeing, social and economic outcomes, and rights.
The specific objectives of this call are as follows:
- To improve the wellbeing of, and empower people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities, through evidence-based approaches to improve integration and accessibility of mental health and social services and user-led advocacy initiatives
- To reduce stigma and discrimination against people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities
- To generate evidence to inform policy and practice on disability and mental health needs, programmes and interventions, in particular community-based rehabilitation (CBR) initiatives.
Eligible Disabled People’s Organisations, Self Help Groups, Women’s Rights Organisations, and other Civil Society Organisations working on disability and mental health in Ghana are kindly encouraged to apply. Research institutions and media organisations are encouraged to apply for specific themes.
Decisions for this round will be made by the Ghana Somubi Dwumadie Programme Board Grants Committee in March 2021, and disbursement made in April, 2021.
How to apply
- Ghana Somubi Dwumadie will be accepting applications from 18th December 2020 to Monday 18th January 2021. Applications received after 5pm on 18th January 2021 will not be considered.
- To apply, please download the application pack from the right hand side of this webpage. We kindly advise applicants to read the guidelines thoroughly before completing their applications.
- If you have difficulty downloading: 1 right click on the document link, 2 select "save link as" from the drop down, 3 save to your computer.
- Please complete the application form, and submit by email with accompanying documents, to Grants@GhanaSomubi.com