Watch the event here.
The event will take place on July 22, 2020, from 2-3pm BST.
Panellists from Nigeria and beyond will discuss what we know about corruption in Nigeria during the pandemic and how it has impacted health services. Insights from the discussion and attendees will inform the ‘Accountability in action’ research project.
The event is hosted by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Options Consultancy Ltd, the University of Nigeria and Bayero University, Kano.
Panellists and speakers:
- Prof Oyewale Tomori, Chairman, Ministerial Expert Advisory committee on COVID-19, Nigeria
- Barrister Eze Onyekpere, Lead Director, Centre for Social Justice
- Prof Obinna Onwujekwe, Director of Research, University of Nigeria
- Dr Muktar Gadanya, Associate Professor, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
- Esther Agbon, Senior Health Financing Advisor, Evidence for Action (E4A) Options
- Prof Martin McKee, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Facilitator: Isiyaku Ahmed, Chairman/Journalist, Voice Against Corruption
Concluding remarks: Dr Dina Balabanova, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Lead of ‘Accountability in action’ research project