The Technical Specialist (health financing), will provide technical support in health financing to Options’ portfolio of programmes in low and middle income countries, including in Francophone and Anglophone Africa and in South Asia. The post-holder will provide technical assistance to governments and civil society organisations, directly and through the long-term programme teams. S/he will support the design and implementation of approaches to leverage domestic financing for health as well as promoting the effective and efficient management of resources to ensure sustained uptake of services. Designing new concepts and programmes and strategically engaging with current and potential funders is an inherent part of this role.
- An MSc or PhD in health financing or health economics or relevant field
- Significant experience of delivering technical work on health financing across Africa and/or Asia
- Strong understanding of public financial management in developing countries and experience strengthening the annual planning and budgeting process
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Substantial experience of developing new concepts and technical design of programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please click here.
- Closing date: 02 August 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- This role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Candidates require a valid UK work permit