The Technical Specialist, Health Financing, will provide technical support in health financing to Options’ portfolio of programmes in low and middle income countries, including Francophone and Anglophone Africa and in South Asia. The post-holder will provide technical assistance to governments and civil society organisations, directly and through the long-term programme teams. S/he will support the design and implementation of approaches to leverage domestic financing for health as well as promoting the effective and efficient management of resources to ensure sustained uptake of services. Design of new concepts and programmes, together with strategic engagement with current and potential funders, is an inherent part of this role.
- An MSc or PhD in health financing or health economics or relevant field
- Significant experience of delivering technical work on health financing across Africa and/or Asia
- Strong understanding of public financial management in developing countries and experience strengthening the annual planning and budgeting process
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Substantial experience of developing new concepts and technical design of programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Alison Dembo Rath firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is 20th September
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.