Technical Specialist, Health Financing
The post-holder will support the design and implementation of approaches to leverage domestic financing for health as well as promoting the effective and efficient use of these resources to ensure sustained uptake of services.
As an Options’ Technical Specialist, you will be expected to be a self-starter, able to provide technical expertise to Options’ portfolio of programmes, primarily in Francophone and Anglophone Africa. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of providing technical support on health financing to health sector programmes in developing countries, and of developing the capacity of local counterparts/institutions. You will have the skills and experience to interact with senior government and donor clients in order to successfully negotiate solutions in complex environments. This role also requires demonstrated ability for technical leadership of bids and proposals for new programmes. You will contribute actively to the growth and development of the organisation and to the delivery of its mission. The post is London-based with regular overseas travel.
- An MSc or PhD in health financing or health economics or relevant field
- Significant experience of delivering technical work on health financing across Africa and/or Asia
- Strong understanding of public financial management in developing countries and experience strengthening the annual planning and budgeting process
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- For further information on the role please visit the Options website: http://www.options.co.uk/jobs
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Faye Forster- Wade firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 15 August 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held weeks commencing 20 August 2018.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.