The Technical Officer will support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as part of Options’ national ownership activities in Bangladesh, keeping track of indicators and deliverables, helping gather supporting evidence and documenting learnings. He/She will work closely with the National Ownership Lead, the Evidence and Accountability Advisor and the Policy and Planning Advisor based in Bangladesh and provide support in key technical areas as requested. The post holder will also liaise with the Regional team through the Regional Technical Officer based in Kenya.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least an Undergraduate degree, or relevant qualification, or related comparable experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of supporting a health programme for at least one year.
- Experience of working in Bangladesh in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs.
- Experience in supporting and co-ordinating technical work in similar organisations, particularly in the field of advocacy and evidence-based policy.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Bangladesh-Technical Officer – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 13th December: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Bangladesh.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.