1 year fixed-term contract
Commensurate with experience
Monday, 20 July, 2020
The Advisor will work with government and civil society partners to strengthen how key actors plan for, prioritise and monitor health investments and the delivery of essential services, especially in sexual and reproductive health. The work will focus in particular in West and Central Africa and include travel.
- The role will contribute to Options’ programmes that are focused on achieving public sector investments in health and increasing access to health services especially for women and girls.
- The Advisor will focus in particular on the ‘political economy’ dimensions of health, working with multiple stakeholders on decision making and health service delivery processes, designing and using innovative approaches to ultimately strengthen health governance.
- The Advisor will lead the design and implementation of technical approaches and deliverables; provide strategic and technical backstopping to other Options teams and advisors; capture and disseminate learning.
- The candidate would have a background in political science or public health, strong communications skills (in both English and French), and proven ability to work in multiple contexts and effectively engage with a wide range of partners.
- The candidate would enjoy translating evidence into practical and tailored approaches, working independently across multiple teams, and master excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- This role is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level professional to further to contribute their own ideas on how to ensure that everyone, and women and girls in particular, can access health services they need to without suffering financial consequences.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date: 20 July 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Candidates will be selected on a rolling basis
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
- Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit