Providing strategic technical leadership and oversight of the programme to:
- Guide implementation, ensuring activities lead to outputs to outcomes to results.
- Lead the development of the overall programme strategic plan and operational frameworks that guide implementation, ensuring that programme strategies and approaches are aligned with the best available international evidence and best practice.
- Lead the technical planning, monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- Work collaboratively with Options’ Senior Technical Specialist and Senior Programme Manager as part of the Programme Delivery Team to ensure consistency and quality of programme delivery, by co-ordinating technical and management oversight, strategic decision-making and international support to country teams
- Overseeing relations with client, government, counterparts and in-country partners
- Apply supreme diplomacy, influencing and consensus-building skills to build alliance with a range of stakeholder partners and networks.
- Managing the programme team to ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of a high quality programme that produces its results
- Oversee the Programme Quality Assurance plan that sets out responsibilities for the quality assurance of all aspects of the programme.
- Leading planning and budgeting of the programme and monitor performance against plans
- Providing oversight of financial, due diligence, and security processes
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to large donor funded health programmes and/or organizations. Specifically, expertise and experience working in Bangladesh’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution; urban health, quality service delivery and private sector health service regulation.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams. Previous experience of working in international development at a senior programme management level or above
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience of fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, to improve health system performance, and build national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Experience engaging closely with partner organizations, including consortium management / co-ordination (desirable).
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 31st January 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
Applicants must have the right to work and live in Bangladesh.