The Team Leader is responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of the programme. He/she leads a team of technical experts and administrators and also serves as the key point of contact for the World Bank, government, programme consortium partners, and other stakeholders. The Team Leader will report to the Director of Programmes based in Options London office and work closely with Options management and administrative colleagues. Coordinating the inputs of a team of technical experts from Options and partners, s/he will ensure that programme objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programme delivery, and oversight - oversee programme strategies, technical approaches, workplans, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended results.
- Team management and leadership - lead a team of technical, financial and administrative experts working to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality.
- Client, government and partner relations - be the primary liaison with the donor, represent the programme and ensure close collaboration with relevant local, national and international stakeholders. Also, take a leading role in disseminating successes and lessons from the project.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to large donor funded health programmes and/or organisations. Specifically, expertise and experience working in Kenya’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution; Kenya’s Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring & Reporting (PBMR) cycle and its current challenges and opportunities; and principles of public financial management.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a large team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff, linking strategically with an HQ office to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience of fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, to improve health system performance, and build national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Proven ability to represent organisations and programmes at the highest levels internationally, regionally and nationally.
- Experience engaging closely with and/or managing partner organizations, including consortium management (desirable).
- Experience of managing contracts (including payment by results – desirable) and contracting; excellent financial management skills.
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, or related discipline.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Hannah Witt firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 26th July 2019
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.