The Team Leader will provide inspirational, strategic, technical and managerial oversight to the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme in order to build a local ecosystem to prevent and reduce unsafe abortion in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. The Team Leader is accountable for the overall delivery of the programme and leading the various partner implementing teams. The main areas of work include:
- Providing strategic and technical leadership of the programme
- Overseeing and managing relations with client, government, counterparts and in country partners
- Providing efficient and cost-effective delivery of a high quality programme that produces results
- Leading planning and budgeting of the programme and monitoring performance against plans
- Providing oversight of financial, due diligence, security and risk management
- Strong proven technical expertise (5 – 7 years) in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights (or a closely related area such as child rights), and social and behaviour change in relation to sensitive issues
- Outstanding leadership and engagement skills for building consensus and inspiring motivation and commitments among diverse stakeholders, including clients, partners and consortia
- They have a track record of transformational change in challenging environments and relating to complex and sensitive issues.
- They will have significant experience of senior level management in international development and have experience of implementing health programmes.
- Experience in programmes aiming to reduce unsafe abortion is desirable.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Jessica Hopf firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.