Programme & Operations Officer
The Programme and Operations Officer is based in Dhaka (tbc). They will work closely with the National Ownership (NO) Lead, the Evidence and Accountability Advisor, the Policy and Planning Advisor and Health Financing Advisor in Bangladesh and provide support in key programmatic areas as requested. In supporting the management of the programme, the position will have a close working relationship with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure high quality financial management of the programme. Liaison and support is provided by the Options Programme Management & Finance Teams in London and the regional Finance & Admin team based in Nairobi.
The position holder is responsible for supporting the NO Lead and workstream leads to ensure that the WISH Bangladesh programme is implemented efficiently and effectively, with responsibilities in the three core areas of:
- Operations, Finance and Administration;
- Quality Assurance of Technical Assistance; and,
- Reporting to the WISH Kenya regional hub and Options London.
The role plays an important in-country management support function for the Bangladesh programme as well as playing a key liaison role within the WISH2Action management structure. This ensures appropriate communication and coordination with the Options London-based support (Programme Manager and Programme Accountant) and WISH2Action Kenya regional hub support (Regional Finance & Admin Manager).
The position reports to the Bangladesh National Ownership lead, and will have key working relationships with the Programme Manager in DFID Bangladesh as well as links with counterparts in the Ministry of Health and other key partners to the programme.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least a BSc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of supporting a health programme for at least one year.
- Demonstrable experience supporting and coordinating technical work in similar organisations.
- Experience of working in Bangladesh in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs.
- Experience in budgeting, project planning, financial and narrative report writing.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Bangladesh-P&OO – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 21st December: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Bangladesh.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.