The candidate will manage specific long-term programmes and short-term assignments within the Options Nigeria portfolio ensuring all donor guidelines are adhered to.
They will work closely with the Senior Programme Manager, Country Director and Output Lead for the Lafiya programme to contribute to the strategic planning and monitoring of the designated projects, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
They will also track project deliverables ensuring they meet appropriate levels of quality, are on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan. With the Finance Team, based in the UK, they will work on all aspects of financial management related to Nigeria programmes and assignments, and contribute to the monthly management accounts, annual audit and budgeting process, and regular budgeting and re-forecasting.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level.
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes.
- Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally based team.
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets.
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work in a highly organised way.
- Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of a spread of international donors, including DFID
Closing date for applications is: 12th July 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.