The Principal Consultant, Health Systems Strengthening and Resilience will provide technical support to contribute to high-performing, adaptable and resilient health systems across Options’ portfolio of programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The post-holder will be able to appreciate the complexities of and dynamic interactions within health systems including the political context in which they function. They will also have significant experience in working with national governments and other local stakeholders to plan for shocks, such as infectious diseases, antimicrobial resistance (AMR) or the effects of climate change, as well as to minimise the negative consequences of such disruptions. They will contribute actively to the growth and development of the organisation by leading the technical design of new programmes and contributing to generation of new business opportunities, including through proactive client engagement.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A master’s degree in public health, medicine, international health or related field
- A health systems specialist with significant experience of strengthening health systems resilience across Africa and/or Asia
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Substantial experience of leading technical design of programmes, including the development of theories of changes and results frameworks
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance. For more details please contact HR at email@example.com for country specific benefits.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- In your cover letter, please indicate your areas of specialism in line with the job description.
- Closing date for applications is 21 August 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Candidates require a valid work permit in the UK, Nigeria or Kenya.