Short term technical assistance contract
Commensurate with experience
Monday, 31 August, 2020
Options Consultancy Services seeks a consultant who will work with the Lafiya Jigawa team to develop support strategies for the implementation of Nigeria’s HCD vision with a particular focus on health but working closely with other actors involved in addressing the other components of HCD in Nigeria
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Providing an in-depth analysis and understanding of the Nigerian Human Capital Development Vision at federal level, including institutional arrangements for implementing it and progress or challenge since its establishment in 2018 and plans and intentions for roll-out in the states.
- Identification and justification of the HCD platforms through which CSOs will be convened.
- Identification of change agents who have the potential to be HCD Champions.
- Informing Lafiya programme strategies on how to support implementation of the HCD vision at federal level and within targeted states starting with a pilot in Kano State
- Feeding into discussions on the development of indicators to measure human capital development under the Lafiya logframe, including advising on available data sources, means of measurement and limitations.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate medical qualification, or a PhD in the Social Sciences/Health Policy with at least 3years post qualification experience, or a Master’s degree with 7years post qualification experience.
- Research skills – Epidemiology, Statistics and Qualitative study with a focus on key areas of Human Capital Development with a minimum of 7years post qualification experience.
Verifiable experience in the following areas:
- Human Capital Development and discussion around HCD reporting frameworks and tracking mechanisms
- Stakeholders mapping and strategic engagement
- Conducting multi-sectoral PEA
- Government of Nigeria (GoN) policies and strategy on HCD, policy reviews and analysis
- Civil Society advocacy and accountability mechanisms
- Strategy development
- Innovative and Sustainable Financing
- Multi-sector Project Management in health, education, sustainable livelihood
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date: 31 August 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision