The Policy and Planning Advisor will be responsible for implementing policies that ensure access to high quality sexual reproductive health & family planning (SRH/FP) services for all and securing government commitments through evidence based planning and resource flow for human resources, commodities and service provision. The Advisor will work closely with the National Ownership Lead and Evidence and Accountability Advisor in Zambia as well as the Regional Policy and Planning Specialist in Nairobi, Options’ staff in London, and consortium partners in Zambia to ensure policy and planning approaches strategically strengthen government stewardship over SRH/FP in Zambia.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least an Undergraduate degree in public health, health management or related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance including remote support.
- Good experience in implementing the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and engagement with civil society, parliamentarians and regional health groups.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Claire Gaulier at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Zambia-P&P – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 1st March: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Zambia.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.