The main purpose of this role is to integrate FGM programming into wider development programmes and sectors in selected countries in both West and East Africa. The post holder is also responsible for leadership of the West Africa hub.
- Scope opportunities for integration of end FGM interventions within development programmes implemented by governments, the private sector or partnerships
- Liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders in the programmes/sectors to assess the viability of integration, including political, systems and financial aspects
- Work closely with the core team working on targeted interventions to assess potential for these to be integrated in to other programmes
- Provide leadership and support the design, development and implementation of pilot interventions that integrate of FGM activities into wider programme
- Advise and support the MEL process and outcomes throughout the pilot of integration
- Coordinate the activities of the team across focal countries and with partners that learnings from pilots and institutionalised.
- Postgraduate degree in relevant subject area (Master of Public Administration, Engineering, International Development)
- Significant and proven experience working across a variety of sectors in developing countries at a senior programme management level
- Extensive experience in being upon the leadership team of a multi country programme
- Proven experience in strategic work-planning and managing large, complex, multi-country budget
- Strong understanding of, and personal commitment to women and girls’ human rights, and equal opportunities
- Understanding of technical areas and approaches such as mainstreaming, scaling up, sustainable systems.
- Understanding/experience of working on gender sensitive issues, FGM and/or community interventions to change social norms an advantage
- Fluency in English and French (spoken, written, reading)
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as required (15%)
- Right to live and work in Senegal
Options offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Janet Lunkuse firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 15 November 2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.