Options is preparing to bid for with a local organisation to design and deliver a health systems change initiative that addresses the concerns regarding Maternal & neonatal deaths in Kenya.
The post holder will be a proactive leader and a self-starter, creatively able to draw down tools, resources and approaches from a range of Options Health System Strengthening (HSS) programmes. S/he will build and support a team of staff and consultants across multiple counties to make sustainable health systems change, strategically complementing our local partner’s efforts to improve access to and provision of quality of care
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, or related discipline.
- Experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to donor funded health programmes. Specifically, expertise and experience working in Kenya’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution; maternal and newborn health; and quality of care.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams. Previous experience of working in international development at a senior programme management level or above.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience of fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, to improve health system performance, and build national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Experience leading and managing remotely located teams of staff and diverse technical consultants to facilitate change at county level and produce high quality work.
To apply, please fill in the form here.
Closing Date: 26th April 2020
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.