Health Financing Advisor
The Health Financing Advisor is responsible for designing, leading and coordinating the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in SRH in Bangladesh and contribute to the overall national ownership goals. S/he works in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and is responsible for the achievement of the quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and logframe indicators relating to domestic financing for Bangladesh.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health.
- A solid understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM) including annual budget cycles, Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEFs) and the principles of transparency and accountability, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Bangladesh-HF Advisor–WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 28th January: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Bangladesh.