- Contribute to the establishment of the grant programme scheme based on recommendations from best practice
- Day to day management the grants programme including managing applications’ assessment, due diligence, compliance, contracting and disbursement
- Work closely with in-country staff to deliver the grants programme
- Financial management of the grants programme
- Support cross-learning among grantees
- MEL of grantees, including routine site-visits
- Risk management and fraud prevention
- Ensure work is aligned with the programme’s Safeguarding and Do No Harm policies
- Significant experience in managing programmes and grants, with a proven track record in disbursing grants directly to grassroots organisations in remote and diverse contexts, across a multi-country programme
- Proven experience in designing robust granting mechanisms from inception
- Significant financial management experience, as well as budgeting, work planning, and fraud prevention and management
- Understanding of capacity issues and support strategies in working with grassroots organisations
- Proven experience in risk and change management
- Experience of contracts and contracting
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proven experience in people management
- Knowledge or experience of FGM and/or broader gender issues would be an advantage
- Fluency in English; working proficiency in French desirable
- Right to live and work in Kenya
Options offers a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package.
- To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 15 November 2019. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.