The Grants Advisor will be accountable for ensuring that the grants component of the programme cohesively connects with the programme's overarching technical approach and in-house expertise to the grants and grantees. Grantees will be civil society organisations, with a particular focus on Disabled People’s Organisations and Self Help Groups, as well as research institutions.
The Grants Advisor will ensure best practice is in place and that all grants are in line with Options and the designed programme management approach. The technical division of the grants team (under the Grants Advisor’s direction) will support grants to organisations for community-based initiatives, advocacy, campaigns to reduce stigma and discrimination, and operations research.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Grant management experience, particularly with civil society organisations
- Experience in the development and implementation of programmes within the health sector in Ghana
- Excellent financial and people management skills
- Experience in designing and coordinating delivery of CSO capacity building plans
- Experience in setting-up processes and procedures, and communicating these to external audiences often in remote locations
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting and programme control
- Proven experience in risk and change management
- Experience in knowledge management, including peer to peer learning
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Grants Advisor) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 31 May 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible..
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.