The Senior Evidence Health Financing Advisor will be responsible for supporting the work streams related to health budget advocacy, linking the health budget and quality of care work streams and designing technical strategies informed by evidence for strengthening health financing accountability systems and capacity. This will involve:
- Leading on the strategic design of E4A-MamaYe health financing and budget advocacy elements of the workplan and oversee delivery.
- Leading the work-planning for the health financing and budget activities undertaken by E4A-MamaYe Nigeria at national and state level.
- Identifying key national and state-level commitments on RMNCAH, and develop approaches to monitor, track and advocate on these, for example: strategic use of evidence for budgeting; innovative actionable approaches to accountability; and advocacy for health financing
- Identifying opportunities where E4A-MamaYe Nigeria can support advocacy coalitions to influence health budget and planning cycles and advocate for more and better resources for health.
- Assessing and respond to capacity gaps in health budget advocacy among national level stakeholders.
- Adapt the capacity development tools to develop Nigeria specific modules on health financing and budget advocacy.
- Building the profile of E4A-MamaYe Nigeria as a technical expert and thought-leader in health budget advocacy including the GFF and national health financing initiatives, such as BHCPF.
- Participate as required in Working Groups, CSO engagement platforms and other technical and accountability bodies where E4A-MamaYe Nigeria can strengthen the use and interpretation of health budget data for decision making and accountability.
- Track programme results, identify lessons learned and package these strategically for sharing with partners.
- Working collaboratively with other Options programmes to ensure knowledge is shared and programmes leverage each other’s efforts.
- A Masters’ Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field
- At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health financing
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and specifically on RMNCAH
- Understanding of the linkage between quality of care data and how this should feed into prioritisation, planning and budgeting processes
- Strong budget analysis skills with experience in analysing and interpreting annual budgets, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy
- Experience designing capacity development activities and trainings
- Excellent skills in health budget analysis and budget tracking
- Excellent influencing skills, with an ability to identify and act on opportunities to build buy-in and support among decision-makers
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, employer pension contribution and medical insurance.
- To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with a summary note of your relevant skills and experience to Laura Burke email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 30/05/2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 10/05/2019
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.