The Senior Evidence Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to the work-streams related to evidence-based advocacy, leading on contributions to evidence components of training and managing the evidence related work of State Advisors. This will involve:
- Working closely with the Country Lead to adapt the capacity development tools, developing more contextually appropriate capacity strengthening approaches for decision-making.
- Supporting the State Coordinators to work with local government stakeholders and coalitions to institutionalise the use of health system data, including capacity assessments of MPDSR committees, SLAMs and other coalitions.
- Providing technical insight and guidance on national and sub-national priorities and needs for RMNCAH in Nigeria.
- Coordinating the development and refinement of the Results Framework for the programme and continue to monitor delivery against these targets for the duration of the programme.
- Routinely tracking deliverables and summarise progress in quarterly monitoring reports.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the programme e.g. designing and implementing assessment tools
- Contributing to the strategic vision of E4A-MamaYe, as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Line managing the State Coordinators and maintain regular technical communication with other colleagues.
- At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance (including remote support).
- Strong management experience, with demonstrable experience of managing / mentoring / supervising multi-disciplinary teams across different locations
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and engagement with civil society, parliamentarians and regional health groups
- Strong understanding of advocacy and accountability approaches to facilitate change
- Excellent influencing skills, with an ability to identify and act on opportunities to build buy-in and support among decision-makers
- Strong analytic skills for health systems data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrable ability to present complex concepts in easy to understand language for a range of audiences
- Sound monitoring evaluation skills, including the design and delivery of logical frameworks
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, employer pension contribution and medical insurance.
- To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with a summary note of your relevant skills and experience to Laura Burke firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 30/05/2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 10/05/2019
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.