The Deputy Programme Director / Grants Lead is responsible for day to day delivery of the programme, to ensure efficient and high-quality programme delivery. The role will work closely with the Programme Director, Senior Management Team and Programme Management team in London to oversee the management of HR, programme finances, and grants and to ensure compliance with Options’ policies and quality assurance standards
The Deputy Programme Director will also oversee the design and delivery of the programmes grant scheme. S/he will be the strategic lead of the grants programme, managing the design of a robust, adaptive, and secure granting mechanism. S/he will oversee grant selection, due diligence, contract compliance, grantee relationships, organisational capacity building, reporting and measurement of results
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Significant financial management experience, as well as budgeting, work planning, and fraud prevention and management
- Significant experience in managing programmes and grants, with a proven track record in disbursing grants directly to grassroots organisations in remote and diverse contexts, across a multi-country programme (minimum 7 years)
- Proven experience in designing and managing robust granting mechanisms
- Experience in designing and coordinating delivery of grassroots capacity building plans
- Experience of contracts and contracting
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should state the role (Deputy Programme Director –WW) in the subject header.
Closing date 28th February 2020:
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.