The summary purpose and objective of the consultancy is to:
- Develop the District QI Framework for FP/SRH under the District Costed Implementation Plans
- Develop an M&E frameworks for the DCIPs in Luuka, Kaliro, Buyende and Bugiri;
- Routine M&E and quarterly reporting for Q42020 and Q12021
- Provide technical inputs to national ownership activities as requested in Uganda
The consultant will work closely with the Country Lead, the Evidence and Accountability Advisor, Health Financing Advisor and the Policy and Planning Advisor based in Uganda and provide support in key technical areas as requested. The post holder will also liaise with the Regional team through the Regional Technical Officer based in Kenya.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health or relevant qualification, or related comparable experience in a relevant field.
- Technical expertise in quantitative and qualitative data collection, including excellent understanding of data systems, data collection methods.
- Experience of physically assessing policy implementation in a low profile and culturally sensitive way and communicating sensitively with government and international partners.
- Strong analytical skills and effective communication skills
- Experience of supporting a health policy programme;
- Experience of producing and/or contributing to external reports and/or research papers;
- Demonstrable experience in quality improvement frameworks
- Excellent Excel and use of statistical models/software
- Excellent understanding of FP/SRH approaches in developing countries
- Experience in supporting and co-ordinating technical work in similar
- Organisations, particularly in the field of advocacy and evidence-based policy;
- Experience of working in Uganda in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 25th October 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.