The Communications Manager will develop, coordinate and implement the communications strategy in order to raise the profile of the programme and deliver targeted dissemination activities of programme learnings.
The Communications Manager will also work closely with the Team Leader to enhance the reach and uptake of all internal and external communications activities. They will also develop and adjust the communications strategy to ensure continuous alignment with the programme strategy and approach.
S/he will be responsible for coordinating and proactively engaging with the programme team in order to promote and identify learnings within the programme, opportunities for synergies and opportunities for external communication.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies
- Proven track record in developing approach and managing the production of international development/programme materials
- Technical understanding of international development, health issues and/or disability and mental health
- Excellent communications skills, including verbal presentation and copy writing skills
- An excellent writer and editor, skilled at distilling and interpreting large amounts of technical information for a range of audiences
- Ability to work well in a diverse, international environment and work with colleagues across the globe
- Ability to use Adobe design programmes, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Communications Manager) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 7 June 2020. Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.