- There is a team of 3 BA’s in Options overseeing the financial management of all Options’ programmes. This is a fundamental role ensuring that Options’ has robust programme financial and management accounting processes in place, particularly in Options’ overseas offices.
- The BA receives monthly accounts from Options’ overseas offices. The BA will interrogate, reconcile and validate the financial returns to ensure they meet the robust requirements before being transferred to Options’ accounting system. The BA will work closely with the overseas Finance Managers to ensure any discrepancies are resolved. The BA will take the lead on any development and capacity building needed for the overseas Finance Managers which will involve overseas travel.
- The BA will prepare financial reports for clients using Options’ reporting standards or client reporting requirements if specified. The BA is the main QA for financial reporting to clients, working closely with the programme teams ensuring reports are reconciled with Options’ accounting system.
- The BA will work closely with the programmes team to ensure client financial requirements are taken into consideration when setting up the financial management structure of each individual programme.
- The BA will provide advice and QA when budgets are created on a rolling basis for programmes. The BA will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of the programme to add value to the budgeting process.
- Fully qualified, or close to, CCAB accountant.
- Extensive experience managing donor / client funds within international development, understanding the generic financial regulations that are often in place
- In depth experience of development programme budgeting
- Excellent financial accounting skills with experience preparing statutory accounts as well as donor / client financial reports.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and experience with report writing packages. SUN and Vision Q&A would be beneficial.
- A “can do” and team focused approach is vital.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 06 February 2020. Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.