- Manage the programme implementation team to ensure the efficient, cost-effective and high-quality delivery of a programme that produces its results.
- In close coordination with the Global Director, provide strategic technical leadership of the programme.
- Lead planning and budgeting of the programme, and monitor performance against plans.
- Provide oversight of financial, due diligence, and security
- Oversee relations with consortium partners, client, government, counterparts and in-country partners
The Africa Programme Director will be an experienced implementer and have the ability to manage a programme team working across multiple countries, in a sensitive subject.
- Post graduate degree in relevant subject
- Proven ability to lead coordination to complex international programmes and multiple country coordination, with experience in relevant African contexts
- Proven experience in people management., including distance management and team working
- Proven experience in strategic planning, budgeting, risk management and oversight of significant donor-funded budgets (DFID experience preferred)
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful relationships and partnerships with a diverse range of organisations and consultants
- Established relevant networks/contacts in Africa
- Significant experience working on gender, women’s empowerment or ending FGM programmes and campaigns such as: community led interventions, social change communications, media and advocacy, granting mechanisms and/or monitoring and evaluation
- A commitment to programme principles including the Do No Harm guidelines
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Mirella Howe-Cossali firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 20th September
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Shortlisting and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid work permit.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.