Options has rapidly adapted our existing global portfolio to respond to the challenges of COVID-19. Throughout Africa and Asia, our teams are working to:
- Support governments' pandemic response
- Maintain essential services for women and girls
- Leave no one behind
- Build back better to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
Options is continuously looking forward, innovating, and co-creating new solutions with our partners and clients. Further funding and partnerships will enable us to transform the problems of today into the solutions of tomorrow.
We’re currently developing plans to:
- Establish community alert and response mechanisms to identify and manage COVID-19 cases
- Produce data visuals to better inform communities on the status of the epidemic
- Study community perceptions about a future COVID-19 vaccine to promote vaccine acceptance
- Bring technology to guide future modelling capabilities for government planning of health infrastructure
- Explore use of drones to deliver essential medicines and supplies in hard to reach areas in ways that are aligned with wider health systems and can equip governments to respond to future emergencies
Fore more information, please contact:
In Kenya, Options has supported three counties to hold virtual, government led technical working group meetings, which had not been operational since the pandemic started. These have been effective forums to review family planning commodity security.
In Ghana, Options is working with partners to assess service delivery gaps from a disability and mental health perspective, develop accessible public health information, and support the media to ensure that its reporting is not stigmatising or discriminatory.