Yemen Reproductive Health Voucher Programme Director
The programme director leads and manages the RHVP team, and serves as a focal point with all key stakeholders.
The Programme Director will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership across the programme: Provide strategic direction, leadership and technical guidance for the successful implementation of programme activities, and ensure high quality programme delivery to improve maternal health in Yemen.
- Technical assistance to implementing partners: Technical support to and oversight of implementing partners; support the design of partners’ work streams and implementation plans; quality assure programme outputs and deliverables; ensure continuous and effective monitoring, evaluation and learning throughout the programme and review implementation strategies accordingly; disseminate the programme’s successes and lessons learnt.
- Planning and management: Oversight of programme planning and budgeting processes; ensure alignment of implementing partners’ work streams with strategic goals and expected outputs of the programme.
- Client, government and partner relations: represent the programme with external partners; ensure effective coordination with all key stakeholders including government and implementing partners; liaise with other development partners as relevant.
- Proven experience in the management and delivery of technical support for health systems strengthening in Yemen;
- Significant knowledge of government health systems and proven experience building national and sub-national capacity within Yemeni district(s), preferably experience of a long-term position in the region;
- Ability to provide technical oversight across a broad range of specialist areas including: health systems strengthening; maternal, newborn and child health; sexual and reproductive health; and community engagement and accountability;
- Ability to work effectively in challenging operating environments, using diplomacy and negotiating skills; familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Yemen required;
- Strong client and external liaison skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders, diplomacy, communication skills and leadership qualities;
- Management and leadership experience, with ability to inspire high quality work, provide support and supervision, and empower team members;
- Proven ability to represent organisations and programmes at highest levels, and implement high-level strategic visioning;
- A postgraduate qualification in a health or related discipline;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic.
Options offers a comprehensive package of benefits.
Candidates must possess a legal right to work in Yemen.
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Ms Roni Lee firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 20 June 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Recruitment is urgent: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.