Technical Specialist (Health Systems)
The purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise to Options’ portfolio of programmes in Asia and Africa, directly and through quality assurance of technical outputs. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of providing technical support to health sector programmes in developing countries in their area of expertise, and of developing the capacity of local counterparts/institutions. You will have the skills and experience to dialogue with senior government and donor clients in order to successfully negotiate solutions in complex environments. This role also requires demonstrated ability for technical leadership of bids and proposals for new programmes. You will report to an Assistant Technical Director and will be a senior member of the Options Technical Team.
- An MSc or PhD or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in a relevant field
- Experience of working across Africa and/or Asia in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs
- Substantial experience managing relevant technical work in similar organisations
- Substantial experience of managing teams providing technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes and areas of technical area of expertise
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Faye Forster- Wade firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: Sunday 18th June 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer