Team Leader, Saving Lives in Sierra Leone Programme (SLISL)
DFID plans to appoint a supplier to manage the implementation of the Saving Lives Programme, using a range of local implementing partners. The Team Leader will lead and manage an experienced team of national and international experts to deliver this programme.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Programme delivery, and oversight of the programme’s strategies, technical approaches, workplans, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended milestones.
- Team management and leadership, leading and managing a team of technical, financial and administrative experts working to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality, on time and to budget.
- Implementing partner management, including establishment, management and use of fund mechanism, managing oversight of implementing partners, supporting design of workstreams and quality assurance in implementation. Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and learning to improve ongoing implementation and disseminate successes and lessons learnt.
- Client and government and partner relations, represent the programme with external partners, ensure effective coordination with government ministries, DFID, UN agencies and other development partners at national level.
The successful applicant will possess:
- At least 15 years’ experience and a record of successful management and delivery of technical support for health systems strengthening in sub-Saharan Africa (preferably including but not limited to DFID and UN organisations).
- Significant knowledge of government health systems and proven experience in building national and sub-national capacity in Africa, preferably experience of a long-term position in the region.
- Ability to provide technical oversight across a broad range of specialist areas including: health systems strengthening; maternal, newborn and child health; sexual and reproductive health; water and sanitation; and community engagement and accountability.
- Previous experience managing a large team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary and multinational staff. Management, strategic planning and leadership experience, with ability to multi-task, work under pressure, inspire high quality work, demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership, provide support and supervision, and empower team members.
- Strong client and external liaison skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders, diplomacy, communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of Sierra Leone and West Africa more broadly.
- Proven ability to represent organisations and programmes at highest levels.
- A postgraduate qualification in public health or a health-related discipline.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience and why you feel you are suited to this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is 19 September 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested applicants are encouraged to submit applicants as soon as possible.
Options is an equal opportunities employer