Team Leader General Health Technical Assistance (NHSP3)
Full time, 3 years with possibility of extension to 5 years
Commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
Wednesday, 28 September, 2016
Options is seeking a Team Leader to manage a new programme of health sector support in Nepal. The Team Leader will be responsible for delivering a programme of technical assistance to the Ministry of Health to achieve the targets set out in the National Health Sector Strategy.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Programme delivery, and oversight of the programme’s strategies, technical approaches, workplans, and budgets. Ensuring the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended milestones.
- Team management and leadership, involving leading and managing a team of technical, financial and administrative experts working to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality, on time and to budget.
- Client and government relations, ensuring effective coordination among government ministries, DFID, and other stakeholders as part of strengthening government systems to improve health outcomes in Nepal.
- Programme management oversight, providing day-to-day oversight of administrative, financial and programme management issues, ensuring smooth implementation and timely reporting to DFID.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A high level of technical skills and a record of successful management and delivery of technical support for health systems strengthening in developing countries; preferably in Asia.
- Significant knowledge of government health systems in Asia, preferably experience of a long-term position in the region.
- Specialist knowledge of health systems strengthening and planning and delivering technical assistance to build government capacity. Preferably specialist expertise in one or more of the following areas: delivery of essential health care services, health infrastructure, human resources for health, health financing, and governance.
- Strong client and external liaison skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders, diplomacy, communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Management and leadership experience, with ability to inspire high quality work, provide support and supervision, and empower team members. The ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership to a large multi-disciplinary and multinational team of experienced technical staff.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience and why you feel you are suited to this role, to email@example.com Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is 28 September 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received, interested applicants are encouraged to submit applicants as soon as possible.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.