Supply Chain Officer – Afya Timiza – 2 positions
Turkana & Samburu, Kenya
Full time, fixed contract
commensurate with experience
Friday, 11 November, 2016
The Supply Chain Officer will provide technical assistance to the county government to strengthen county, sub-county and facility level commodity security and quality assurance for FP/RMNCAH commodities. Working with Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) s/he will support a programme of work to prevent stock-outs, reduce commodity wastage, and reduce order lead time for essential commodities.
- Support the SCM component of the organizational capacity assessment (OCA), identifying capacity gaps
- Work in partnership with the county government to create a capacity development plan to improve SCM performance
Provide technical assistance, training and mentorship on specific technical areas, such as:
- Quantification and supply planning, inventory management and stocking according to established stock control parameters
- Development, utilisation and scale up of inventory management tools, leveraging existing electronic systems as far as possible
- Quality assurance of Family Planning/ Reproductive Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RH/MNCH) commodities at county level, good storage practices and patient/client safety
- The candidate will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree or a professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field
- The candidate will have at least three years demonstrated experience at mid-level in operational set-up designing and managing supply chain systems preferably in the health sector in Kenya.
- The candidate will have demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities, especial in building capacity in HRH. Demonstrateble experience working with government or donor-funded programs will be an advantage
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of the Turkana and/or Samburu context would be an added advantage
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Charlotte Langridge firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2016. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya