Procurement expert for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya
In the framework of the German Financial Cooperation with Kenya, a programme to support health insurance for poorer informal sector households was developed. The programme intends to contribute to improved access to equitable and affordable quality health services for low income informal sector households in selected counties.
The objective of the programme is to contribute to establishing equitable access to affordable, quality health care and strengthening the National Health Insurance System through improved access to health insurance for the informal sector.
The target group are households with informal employment, low, irregular incomes and without health insurance cover in the target counties.
The programme will be implemented in up to 10 counties, which will be selected on the basis of an open call for proposals. The process of the county selection is implemented by a Tender Committee comprising of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and the Ministry of Health (MoH), supported by the consultant to be selected. The consultant will specifically support the MoH in organising the submission of the call for proposals to the counties and the evaluation of results.
The scope of work will comprise the following tasks:
1. Support the National Identification process committee in the selection of the counties ensuring adherence to KfW and Government of Keyna procurement guidelines. This will include:
- developing the Request for Proposal (RFP) including selection criteria for counties
- evaluating the proposals
- supporting the contracting of selected counties.
2. Support the procurement of ICT infrastructure (soft and hardware) including by providing procurement specifications and advising on procurement processes (total budget Eur 1.2 million)
3. Build the procurement capacity of NHIF
Qualification: Certified qualification in procurement management
The experts must have the following competences:
- Considerable experience in a major health related project
- High level of procurement expertise, and supporting reform of government procurement systems
- Experience with KfW guidelines for goods and services
- Knowledge of public procurement rules, regulations and knowledge of government financial systems
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Bérangère de Villenaut firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should state the role (Procurement expert for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya) in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 22/08/2017
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed before the close date
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 28/08/2017
- The TOR for the programme is available on request
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Kenyan citizens are particularly encouraged to apply
This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up.