Office Administrator (County Innovation Challenge Fund) - MANI
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible all administrative tasks in the Nairobi office, including:
- Acquisition of capital items
- Best management practices for asset management and procurement procedures
- Setting up, oversight and management of general maintenance and service contracts
- Work with the Options’ Kenya finance team to coordinate HR issues
- Oversee financial management and reporting of the office
- Co-ordinate the reception, post and telephone services for the small office
- Ad hoc support to the MANI programme under the guidance of the MANI finance team.
They will also provide support to CICF technical team to:
- Ensure systems and processes are in place for effective quality assurance of the programme
- Support the organisation of meetings, note taking and sharing of outcomes
- Ensure robust administration systems are established and maintained for the office.
- Arrange for necessary permits, visas and travel for staff and consultants
- Arrange travel logistics for the project, organising flights and hotels for consultants and project staff where necessary.
- Organise all aspects of events such as project workshops, including any room hire, accommodation, travel, per diem and lunches required.
- Troubleshoot key operational issue with guidance from programme management
- Format and edit reports
- Any other duties which may be delegated by the Technical Fund Manager which is commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- Bachelor of Business Management (or a diploma with increased experience, see below)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (or a diploma in Business Administration and 4 years of experience)
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills
- Experience in procurement according to best practice guidelines
- High level IT proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially with advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in accounting software packages e.g. Quickbooks, Peachtree
- Self-starter, who can work independently and as part of a team
- Effective inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience with international donors such as the UK Department for International Development (DfID)
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Megan Burley email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Friday 9th December. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Kenya