Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) Officer
Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to effectively implement activities across a broad range of service delivery areas, including:
- Quality improvement along MNCH continuum of care
- Maternal and new-born morbidity audits
- Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR)
- Respectful maternity care, Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC), birthing cushions, youth friendly services
- Promote screening and management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) including HIV elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission, (eMTCT)
- Support integrated management of childhood illnesses (IMCI) and introduce child related high-impact practices
- Improve the Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (BEmONC) activities through monitoring the BeMONC signal functions
- Promote the development of health workers and management staff capacity in the above areas through a broad range of approaches such as curriculum development and training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision and continuous medical education, etc.
- The candidate will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a clinical field. S/he will have proven RMNCAH clinical experience, preferably in Kenya
- The candidate will have at least 3 years demonstrated clinical or health management experience in MNCAH service delivery
- The candidate will have demonstrated experience working with ‘hard to reach’/ marginalised groups
- The candidate will have experience in working with donor-funded programs and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili
- A practical knowledge of Samburu context would be an added advantage
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance and provision for medical insurance cover
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Marion Pobo firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 24 February 2017. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early application is advised.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya