The new general health and infrastructure technical assistance programme, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DfID), is being implemented from March 2017 to December 2020. It is designed to support the goals of the National Health Sector Strategy (NHSS) and is focused on enhancing the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MoH) to build a resilient health system to provide quality health services for all.
Based in Kathmandu, the Management Accountant is responsible for the efficient, timely and accurate production of Management Accounts for the programme. Demonstrating strong strategic financial overview, compliant with Options quality standards and procedures and DfID requirements. In addition the post holder will be responsible for complying with Nepalese taxation law and other legal requirements.
- Master degree in Business administration with specialisation in Finance or qualified accountant (CA) from the recognised institution /university
- Proven working experience in accounting with international organisations
- Experience of creating external Financial reports for stakeholders and able to produce meaningful narrative reports
- Experience working as a Management Accountant within the Senior Management Team in a medium to large organisation
- Experience of developing and managing procurement plans
- Experience in logistics
- Experience of working on international development and/or NGO projects
Skills and Attributes
- Advanced IT proficiency including financial software, Excel and Word
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team player and ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to mentor and support non-financial staff with complex financial scenarios
- Effective communication and dissemination of financial information to all team members.
- Is able to display sound judgement and decision making skills
- Knowledge of large institutional donors and their operational and reporting requirements
- Excellent English skills, written and Oral
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Liam Wylie at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 5 April 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates require a valid Nepalese work permit