HRH Officer – Afya Timiza
full time, fixed contract
commensurate with experience
Friday, 11 November, 2016
The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Officer will provide technical assistance to the county governments of Turkana and Samburu to strengthen county, sub-county and facility level HRH priorities, resulting in improved workforce availability, distribution, capacity, and retention.
- Support the HRH component of the organizational capacity assessment (OCA), identifying capacity gaps
- Work in partnership with the county governments to create a capacity development plan to improve HRH performance
Strategy Development, Training and mentorship
- Liaise with and leverage HRH support for the counties from existing and/or planned donor funded HRH projects (e.g. USAID national mechanisms)
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentorship on specific technical areas, such as:
- HRH leadership at county level through a functional HRH TWG
- HRH strategy development
- HRH mapping
- HRH database development and use
- The candidate will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree or a professional certification in Human Resource Management or a related discipline
- The candidate will have at least three years demonstrated experience at mid-level in operational set-up designing and managing HRH systems preferably in the health sector in Kenya.
- The candidate will have demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities, especial in building capacity in HRH
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of the Turkana and/or Samburu context would be an added advantage
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Charlotte Langridge firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2016. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya