Health Systems Strengthening Advisor, Samburu – Afya Timiza
Assessment & Monitoring
- Jointly administer an organizational capacity assessment tool with Government of Kenya (GOK) colleagues to assess baseline health system capacity, and develop targeted capacity development plans. Administer repeat Organisational Capacity Assessments (OCAs) over time to assess HSS improvements.
Technical Leadership and Advisory Services
- Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to improve health system performance across domains, including: Governance & Leadership, Human Resources for Health (HRH), Supply Chain Strengthening, Information Systems, Health Care Financing
- Effectively plan, deliver and evaluate the implementation of activities and critically reflect and improve on project strategies to promote health system performance
- Supervise and line manage various officers providing technical support, pastoral support and support the implementation of the organisation’s HR policies and effectively source and manage short term consultants to support priority activities
Partnership and Team Work
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way, in line with project targets, and build partnerships with other key organisations to promote synergy
- The candidate will hold at minimum a Master’s Degree in the health sciences, public health or related field.
- The candidate will have proven experience in implementing complex public health programmes of similar scope and size in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
- The candidate will have considerable experience at mid- or senior level in health system strengthening, ideally including planning and budgeting, human resources for health, information systems and/or supply chain management.
- The candidate will have experience in managing donor-funded programmes and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations and for-profit private sectors entities.
- The candidate will have experience in managing a technical team and monitoring HSS activities and strong leadership and management skills.
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of the Samburu context would be an added advantage.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, provision for medical insurance cover, communication allowance & relocation allowance.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Marion Pobo email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Sunday 9th April 2017 However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya