Health Systems Strengthening Advisor – Afya Timiza – 2 positions
Turkana & Samburu, Kenya
Full time, fixed contract
Friday, 11 November, 2016
The HSS Advisor will support the county and Sub-County Health Management Teams to improve health service delivery. S/he will work with the CHMT to strengthen capacity to provide quality Family Planning/ Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health services. S/he will support the county to develop public private partnerships and integrated approaches for delivery of RMNCAH services.
Assessment & Monitoring
- Jointly administer an organizational capacity assessment tool with GOK colleagues to assess baseline health system capacity, and develop targeted capacity development plans. Administer repeat OCAs over time to assess HSS improvements.
Technical Leadership and Advisory Services
- Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to improve health system performance across domains, including: Governance & Leadership, HRH, Supply Chain Strengthening, Information Systems, Health Care Financing
- Effectively plan, deliver and evaluate the implementation of activities and critically reflect and improve on project strategies to promote health system performance
- Supervise various Officers, and effectively source and manage short term consultants to support priority activities
Partnership and Team Work
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way, in line with project targets, and build partnerships with other key organisations to promote synergy
- The candidate will hold at minimum a Master’s Degree in the health sciences, public health or related field
- The candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
- The candidate will have at least five years demonstrated experience at mid- or senior level in health system strengthening, ideally including planning and budgeting, human resources for health, information systems and/or supply chain management
- The candidate will have experience in managing donor-funded programs and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities
- The candidate wil have experience in managing a technical team and monitoring HSS activities
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of the Turkana and/or Samburu context would be an added advantage
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Charlotte Langridge email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2016. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya