The Girl Generation Regional Coordinator – Kenya
Objectives of the assignment:
- To ensure that The Girl Generation’s strategy is developed and implemented in a portfolio of The Girl Generation’s focal countries), in partnership with national stakeholders and in line with national priorities
- To establish of strong relationships with new and existing partners in focal countries and beyond
- Work with Programme Officers to ensure they act as the programme’s main point of contact with national coalitions or networks and government coordination mechanisms in focal countries, linking them up with the programme’s networks, technical support, and communications products, to catalyse national social change campaigns, according to the overall strategy.
For the full details please download the Job Description
Lead technical and management inputs
- Support the technical inputs and support of The Girl Generation strategies at the regional and national level
- Oversee and quality assure the work of focal country Programme Officers and provide technical and management backstopping.
- Ensure the timely delivery of high quality technical outputs (including donor payment deliverables)
- Contribute to the generation and amplification of stories of change at the regional and national level.
- Work alongside The Girl Generation team to provide content for programme outputs, including external reporting, donor reporting, social media and the programme website
- Working with the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator and Programme Officers to collate and report M&E data for national-level logframe indicators for focal countries
- Work with the Programme Officers to ensure a coordinated approach to work planning and strategy that builds a regional Girl Generation profile – including youth networks, membership, capturing and amplification of stories of change and ambassadors.
- Maintaining a regular flow of information from and to national partners in focal countries, including offering strategic and trouble-shooting support to national partners in the roll-out of The Girl Generation’s national plans
- Maintaining good working relationships and harmonious coordination with all key partners in focal countries
Implementation and of operational plan
- Through supervision and support to focal country Programme Officers:
- Oversee the implementation of The Girl Generation’s strategic plan
- Ensure the development and implementation of an annual costed work plans for each focal point, alongside the Programme Manager/ Assistant Programme Manager, and provide support to troubleshooting challenges, where needed.
- Monitor progress of the operational plan to ensure it is on track, alongside the Senior Operations Manager, Programme Manager / Assistant Programme Manager, and regularly report to the Global Director
- Represent the programme at the national, regional and international meeting and conferences as required.
- Undertake scoping visits to new focal countries to plan for the operational and technical approaches to take for the start-up and implementation of the programme
- Oversight of the Ambassador’s programme for the portfolio of The Girl Generation focal countries
- Line management of The Girl Generation Programme Officers in the focal countries
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject
- Proven ability to lead coordination to complex international programmes and multiple country coordination, with experience with one of the focal countries
- Proven experience in people management, including distance management
- Proven experience in strategic planning and budgeting
- Expertise in development of communications, advocacy and marketing strategies
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful relationships with partnership with a diverse range of organisations, partners and consultants
- Established relevant networks/contacts in (at least one) of the following countries: Mali, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Nigeria, The Gambia or Senegal
- Significant experience working on gender, women’s empowerment or ending FGM programmes and campaigns.
- Experience in managing the rollout of communications programmes and media strategies including
- Experience in developing and maintain an online presence through the use of social media
- Expertise in updating and organising website content
- Fluency in both English and French
- Willing and able to travel to focal countries as needed
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Harriet Andrews firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 20th November 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates are required to have to right to live and work in Kenya