FP/RMNCAH Officer – Afya Timiza – 4 positions
Turkana or Samburu, Kenya
full time, fixed contract
commensurate with experience
Friday, 11 November, 2016
The Family Planning/ Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) Officers will be based at the sub-county level and provide hands on support and technical assistance to the Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) to strengthen the quality and utilisation of reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health services.
Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to effectively implement activities across a broad range of service delivery areas, including:
- Quality improvement along FP/RMNCAH continuum of care
- Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR)
- Respectful maternity care
- High impact and locally appropriate interventions, such as KMC, birthing cushions, youth friendly services, post-abortion care
- Treatment and management of STIs including HIV (eMTCT)
- Integrated management of childhood illnesses (IMCI)
- Improved inter-facility referral
- Improved blood availability
- Family planning service delivery including long-term methods (through static clinics and outreach)
- Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Work with hard-to-reach or marginalised communities
- Promote the development of health workers and management staff capacity in the above areas through a broad range of approaches such as curriculum development and training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision, etc.
- The candidate will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a clinical field. S/he will have proven RMNCAH clinical experience, preferably in Kenya.
- The candidate will have at least 3 years demonstrated clinical or health management experience in FP/RMNCAH service delivery.
- The candidate will have demonstrated experience working with ‘hard to reach’/ marginalised groups
- The candidate will have experience in working with donor-funded programs and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of the Turkana and/or Samburu context would be an added advantage
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Charlotte Langridge firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2016. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya