Family Planning / Reproductive Health Officer
Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to effectively implement activities across a broad range of service delivery areas, including:
- Quality improvement along FP/RH continuum of care
- Preconception care services
- Source and disseminate FP/RH related Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials
- Promote high impact and locally appropriate interventions, such as preconception care, cervical cancer screening, youth friendly services, and family planning counselling
- Promote screening and management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) including HIV in the FP and RH service delivery point
- Improve inter-facility referral for family planning and other services from faith-based to Government of Kenya (GOK) health facilities
- Support improved availability of family planning method mix in the sub counties and health facilities
- Promote family planning service delivery including long-term methods (through static clinics and outreach)
- Promote integration of services in the different services delivery point, e.g. FP/RH into HIV/TB clinic
- Promote the development of health workers and management staff capacity in the above areas through a broad range of approaches such as curriculum development and training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision, etc.
- The candidate will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a clinical field. They will have proven FP/RH clinical experience, preferably in Kenya
- The candidate will have at least 3 years demonstrated clinical or health management experience in FP/RMNCAH service delivery
- The candidate will have demonstrated experience working with ‘hard to reach’, marginalised groups
- The candidate will have experience in working with donor-funded programmes and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities
- The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
- A practical knowledge of Turkana context would be an added advantage
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance and provision for medical insurance cover.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Marion Pobo email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 24 February 2017. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya